Monday, October 24, 2011

Tricks That Are Treats

The post title only seems appropriate since I have photographic evidence of some of the new tricks that Eleanor has learned. Hardy, har, har! I should have probably saved all these new developments to share on her birthday post (which is quickly approaching in 1 week!), but I'm too impatient. The fact that I took all these pictures in a couple minutes makes me realize that Eleanor definitely understands when we ask her to do certain things. It's amazing how much she has changed in this regard in the last few months. Alright already, let's take a look at these so-called "tricks":

Anytime you say, "yay!" or clap, Eleanor will quickly follow suit and clap as well.

The picture is a little blurry, but we noticed last week that at dinner when we would tell Ethan to fold his arms for the prayer, Eleanor would too. Now every (almost every) time you ask her to do it, she'll do this. So cute.

She is just getting the concept of peek-a-boo.

Some attempts to cover her eyes are better than others.

If you say, "Hello? Who's there?", Eleanor will take what is in her hand at put it up to her ear like a phone. She's so observant.

And here are a series of pictures of Eleanor getting in her rocking chair on her own. She started doing this about 2 weeks ago, and loves to climb in and out of the chair repeatedly. While sitting next to me I said, "Eleanor, go rock in your chair". This is what she did:








She's a little performing monkey! Love this little girl and can't wait to celebrate her birthday in just one week!

5 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Loving her jeggings or skinny jeans... can't tell which they are. She is so cute!

Cormorant said...

What a doll! Happy (early) bday, E!

Kirby said...

Jeggings, are you kidding me?! I need a girl so bad!! She is such a doll baby...almost not a baby anymore, sad. She is so big, we need to plan our meeting STAT!!!

GrandmaB said...

She is going to be the social butterfly! Miss that girl!

Natalie Bruford said...

Missing the little monkey more than ever, wish I could be there for her big birthday :(