Thursday, August 26, 2010

Progress

We're back into the swing of things, which I affectionately called the "ho hum life of Rochester" back in my last post. I guess "ho hum" makes it sound like life here is a chore or depressing which it's not, but being back into a normal routine is something I had been lacking for the two weeks prior. This pregnant lady needs her routine. I love those lengthy naps I get to take when Ethan naps. I also love being able to work on projects when I have enough energy and decide not to nap.

We have been working on the little gal's room over the course of the last few weeks or so, and we got some new touches to add to her decor.

I bought this print as a sheet of wrapping paper from Paper Source (love that store) and found a frame (luckily and amazingly) that fit it. I just had to spray paint it since it came in black.

Since baby girl's name will most likely begin with an "E", I Mod Podged this little ditty for her room with some scrap booking paper.

The colors of this print seemed to go perfectly with our color scheme so we bought this print from an artist on Etsy.

Now all her room needs is the crown molding to be painted, the walls to be painted, furniture rearranged and a crib mattress. I've gotta keep busy somehow right? Growing a baby just isn't enough, I need to do something! It's called nesting.

31 weeks.

So enough about the unborn baby; let's talk about Ethan. Not much is new in his world. He occupies his time by pretending to be a superhero and running circles around the house, singing Beatles songs, or theme songs to just about any tv show he's ever watched, or reenacting scenes from Toy Story with his figurines. He's always talking about things that have happened in the past, whether it was a week ago or just the other day, like when he talks about his trip to the Museum of Play, Science Museum, cookie Wegmans, that one time he went to the Water Mine in Virginia, or about his cousins. He is a chatter box and talks non-stop, though a lot of the stuff he says is still questionably understood by just Ben and me. I think I know what he's saying?!? But anyway, he seems to be recalling a lot of past events. Hopefully he will soon forget the one where he fell off the couch and got a sweet bruise on his forehead.

You can't see his bruise that well, but he did talk about how he hit his head when he fell off the couch for the next few days.

He's a spunky little guy and we wouldn't have it any other way.



5 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Ok, so cute. I'm in love with everything!!

The Harrisons said...

I love everything you've done for her room! I can't wait to see her room all put together.

Oh, and I loved wearing that same shirt from Gap as a preggers shirt too!

Kirby said...

Cute, I am dying to see it all together!!

Jen Richards said...

Why are you so dang crafty!! 'E' is going to have the cutest room!

Sarah H said...

Ooooo, I love all the room's decor.