Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our Trip to Milwaukee

Ethan and I were able to visit our friends (and my former employer) the Abbass' this past week in Wisconsin. It was my first time ever to the "land of dairy", and all I can say is that dairy is a whole lot cheaper here in Rochester than in Wisconsin. Honestly though, Milwaukee was very similar to Rochester, but thank goodness for Wegmans. It really makes our city.

The Abbass' just had their 2nd son, Alexander, on December 29th and since Steve had to go back to work I was able to keep Sara company and help out with the lifting and cooking around the house. Since Ethan was a little sick (and progressivly got worse during our trip) and was without his Dad, he wasn't in the best of moods the entire time. Oh well. The Abbass' put up with us though and we were able to get out and do a few things while we were there for the week. Here is a little photo essay of our trip.

I took the boys outside to play in the snow. Ethan mostly just stood there while Ben shoveled snow into a bucket. They still both looked cute though.




This was one of the more civil moments the boys had together. Ben is a couple months older than Ethan and since he was invading his territory and taking his toys, he would bully Ethan a little bit. Ethan soon decided that when Ben came near him he should just lay on the ground and play dead. It was funny every time he did it.


Took a few pictures and mostly just admired how mellow and calm Alex is. He only cried when he was getting changed and was cold. He's a very sweet baby.




Went out to Grafton, WI to this jumbo indoor play place. They had pretty much every toy a child could ever want and the parents just get to hang out on chairs and watch the children run amok. I did lose track of Ethan at one point, but his piercing cry was a clear indication as to where he was. He was fine though.


Just spent some quality time with the friends we miss here in Rochester.


This pretty much sums up Ethan's attitude for the past 5 days. Lucky me, after this picture we got to travel on two flights where he screamed and arched his back and had a runny nose that he wouldn't let me wipe. It was pure joy. I was so glad to see Ben at the airport and hand off Ethan (is that bad?!).


All in all it was a good trip and I was glad I was able to see the Abbass'. We used to see each other a couple times a week and I guess now we'll be lucky if we get to see them a couple times a year.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Looks fun, though it makes you appreciate your husband and own house when you're away. I remember Rebecca talking about one time when Joshua screamed the whole airplane ride from Utah to Baltimore. She said she gave Dan Joshua when she got there and didn't talk to Dan for 30 minutes because she was mad at him that he wasn't there :). Makes me glad we live close to family.

kelly said...

i want to squeeze that baby and that last picture is hi-lar-i-ous. ethan's face cracks me up every time i look at him. something about the jolly eyes and giant cheek combo.

Summer said...

That picture of Ethan and his "friend" is CLASSIC!

Jen Richards said...

looks like a great trip! i am sure your friend really appreciated your help. there new baby is SO cute! we have not seen you in ages- hopefully we can get together soon :)