Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's OK... I Have a Dr.'s Note

I guess it was inevitable with a 22 lbs. baby that sometime soon my back would go out. For some reason I still feel a little too young to be having such issues. After a week or so of not being able to sleep through the night, waking up with shooting pain down my left side, Ben thought it would be wise to call our family practitioner. We've never met our Dr. before, so we weren't exactly sure what to expect, but he was great. Not that I'm healed or anything (I still can't sleep through the night), but he's very caring and concerned about my situation. Basically he told me that it's probably sciatic back pain which usually runs its course and will go away and to temporarily help with the pain he prescribed some Tylenol with codeine. Yeah, that works for about a couple hours and then I wake up again with the same problems. Not only that, but I have to be careful about when I feed Ethan if I've taken the meds. Anyway, the problem isn't over yet, but hopefully I'll be able to get it resolved sometime soon either by a neurologist, physical therapist or chiropractor. Yikes.

In the meantime, I have been instructed to not pick up Ethan, go to work, or do any other strenuous activities. He wrote a note for me to bring in to work. I felt like I was in 6th grade giving my PE teacher a Dr.'s note so that I didn't have to run the mile. I guess the one good thing about this is that I have a valid excuse to not shovel snow. Sorry Ben... especially since it snowed like 6 inches last night. He's been fantastic and hasn't complained about me complaining of back pain and has picked up Ethan, the laundry and anything else I tell him to. What a guy. I love him.


The cause for all this ruckus... how could you not love a face like this?


Poor Ben left his warm coat in the Bishops office, and his gloves in Utah, but at least he's got my Dad's authentic sherpa Levi's jacket to keep him warm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and your hat?

Kirby said...

That stinks. Back pain is no fun, I should know I have been sleeping on cheap IKEA mattresses since getting here! Hopefully a little rest and some recreational drugs will do the trick! :)

Us said...

I had back problems too with Rexy. I Know how you are feeling. It seemed to go away with me, I hope it's the same for you.

Jules said...

Holy monkey! I wish you lived just through the woods so I could help you out. Instead, I'll just make my kids pray for their Aunt Amanda's back.