Sunday, April 6, 2008

34 Weeks!



I had to post these pictures together to let all the people who don't think I look that big see how much bigger I've gotten in the past 12 weeks. The gray shirt I'm wearing in the 22-week picture is a maternity shirt that fits much more snug these days. True, true I am growing a human in there, and true it is very nice to hear people say, "you've only got 6 weeks left?!" In fact, one of the perks I like about working in babyGap (other than the discount and the 16 week maternity leave I get where I don't have to give up that discount... yes!!!) is that people always ask me how far along I am, and then when I tell them they always tell me how great I look. It's quite the self-esteem booster!

So yes, I've got 6 weeks to go with this little guy and I'm hoping that he wants to stay in there full-term. He's been quite the acrobat in my belly recently, but I still enjoy him moving around even if it means I have to readjust the way I'm sitting at work so he's not all up in my ribs. We're not completely ready for his arrival quite yet, but we're getting there. We got a little practice in yesterday when Ben and I babysat for my boss and his wife while they went to a work dinner. Their son Benjamin was born a little over 2 months ago and other than the little mishap where he stuck his foot in his poopy diaper while I was changing him and got his sock all nasty, it honestly wasn't that bad. I just hope our little guy is just as enjoyable and easy going.

So I'm wondering, if in 12 weeks I got this much bigger, will I get half as big in the last 6 weeks? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You DO look terrific! We are excited to see you in person in 2 1/2 weeks. We hope to do a little shopping with you for a few more of your "necessities" too.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I am so jealous that you work at Baby Gap. You may want to consider getting something part-time at Gymboree as well... in my experience money tends to fly out of your wallet in that store! And while baby boy will be gaining the majority of HIS weight in the next 6 weeks, you won't be. Can't believe you're so close!

lebruf said...

You look muy fantastico... for a preggie.

robin marie said...

you do look great! but document the next 6 weeks for your views please!!

Cormorant said...

We are SO excited for you! Almost every pregnant gal looks cute--just because they are so happy and life is about to blossom--but I'd have to say that you don't look cute, you look WONDERFUL! I can't believe he is coming so soon. You will love being a mom (probably more than you expect right now). Good luck on the last month+, it flies by!

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT for your little guy to be born :) I bet BPA & him will be such cute friends. wow! only 6 weeks!!
PS so glad I get to see the famous blog :)

Anonymous said...

You still look amazing like always!

Megan said...

Let me just share my experience of my last month... Not like it will be the same, it's different for everyone. But...I had major braxton hicks all the time, so I was always unsure if it was the real thing or not, which made me even more anxious. Anyway, the last month felt like eternity, and I just couldn't wait for her to come, and she so lovingly decided to be 1 day early :) No one prepared me for all that, so if it is the same for you, consider yourself prepared!!
ps. you look so cute! Isn't it fun being pregnant? I miss it.

Shannon and Cameron said...

You look super fabulous girl! I can't wait to see your babe all decked out in super cute baby gap clothes!!

Kristen said...

You look FANTASTIC! I can't believe it's almost showtime for you! Once you're done, I know I'm next!

Alison said...

AHHHHHH

Kimberley said...

Now we're talkin!!!! All your other pics looked like you were just pushing out your stomach... now I believe there is really something in there!!! But you still look fabulous!

Jules said...

You look adorable!! It's coming so fast!! Treasure your sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! It's great to see the pics and I can't believe he's almost due! Do you have a name yet? We're in NYC now!!! We'll have to come visit you sometime! Anyway, I just made us a blog: codyandvaleriewalker.blogspot.com

Katherine Fajen said...

YOU ARE DUE SO SOON!!!!!!!!!! Weird!

Brooke said...

hi there! you look great! you are a cute pregnant lady!

Anonymous said...

You look AMAZING! When we're finally brave enough to have a fourth I'm going to be so huge we'll be able to charge an admission fee at the fair so people can gawk at me - "One dollar to see the largest pregnant woman in the world!" Bwahahahaha!

Can't wait to see the newest Mudrick addition ... 2 down, 1 to go!!!